Sunday, December 14, 2008

Wild thoughts of MiM! - Part 3

I was waiting in the Florence (Firenze) railway station for my train to Venezia which was delayed by 2 whole hours, I was sitting in the floor of the station counting seconds off my life and seconds for the train to arrive. To beat boredom my mind started thinking of rather unusual (some nonsensical) sayings and here we go...

BoReD is NOT the Word but other Words are TOO boring as well - MiM

As I walk MILES I get the true meaning of freedom - MiM

A true traveller isn't bothered upon arriving - well at some point he must look at the departure boards - MiM

Lets light lamps, wear white clothes, have candle light vigils and get ready for the next vicious attack - MiM

HUMAN MEMORY IS A VOLATILE PIECE, with limited space, never remembers too much good, too much bad and for too long! - Mim

I DON'T CARE,
I HAVE A ROOF,
I AM NOT HUNGRY,
I HAVE SOME CASH STACKED AWAY,

what I really need is CHANGE

I CARE,
I WILL PROVIDE A ROOF TO OTHERS,
I WILL NEVER LET ANYONE GO HUNGRY,
I WILL DONATE WHAT I CAN,

-MiM
[change is the only word which is not constant!]

Yes I am part of my country, Yes I have a sense of belonging, Yes I will be the change I expect in others! - MiM

Of course we can change things a lot, but how and when remains a concern...I was on a holiday and was so bothered, hurt and pained that I kept reading the websites again and again...many emotions flooded my senses...a sense of fear that next it could be me...and instead of writing a travelogue I was writing few snippets of what I felt...

As a average citizen whom do I fight against
1) Petty thieves / murderers etc
2) Against corrupt government officials
3) Against incompetent politicians who want us to get a VISA to travel between states
4) Or against the new age terror - not knowing what is going to explode and when - who is going to shoot and where

After all this aftermath of a huge unfortunate event it shouldn't be like before - Light candles - have candle light vigils - wear white shirts and black bands and get ready for the next attack. Like the sacrificial goat all dressed up! Lets do all the above, thats the only way we can pay our respects to the departed souls but lets not lose focus let us keep reminding ourselves and our government that we have to be on our toes and our lives and security can't be taken for granted.

All the four points can be averted if we the entire people / public join together.
1) If a guy steals a chain or picks a pocket and I scream for help, if the entire public help in catching him - I will feel secure...
2) We should ensure we don't pay bribes anymore and get the corrupt people caught - you might lose a few days of work and a few thousand rupees in expenses but you have served your nation / society by cleaning / clearing one dirty weed.
3) Don't listen to /elect such politicians and periodically remind them that they are our servants and not vice versa.
4) Demand / formulate rules, be aware of your surroundings and things that go around you.

There are a lot of new initiatives like i lead the way; a billion hands - lets really hope we can all take a active part and change / save our lives / future. A lot of things like PIL by the public and other actions by the government looks right now, let pray and hope we and the government don't slacken.

The future is in our hands lets redefine it!

A Billion Hands
India Leadership Network

Wild thoughts of MiM - 1
Wild thoughts of MiM -2

m.I.m

No comments: