Not sure if you have used this, I recently tried this while trying / testing something for my product and it works great.
My need – to have incremental runs of the same test cases / fire the same request, with different data in the request. The data needs to be driven by a CSV file. Didn’t want to write custom java code for this…
Feature Used – Collection Runner of Postman - http://blog.getpostman.com/2014/10/28/using-csv-and-json-files-in-the-postman-collection-runner/
· Environmental variables work great within postman
· You can add custom JS code as pre-test steps / post-test steps.
· Recurring runs, with data driven input like CSV files work well with Collection Runner
· You can have results flow from one test case to another and create test flows / sequences.
· You can parse JSON responses and write to Chrome Console, however you need to enable it - http://blog.getpostman.com/2014/01/27/enabling-chrome-developer-tools-inside-postman/ | http://blog.getpostman.com/2016/08/26/the-postman-console/ | https://www.getpostman.com/docs/postman/sending_api_requests/debugging_and_logs
· There is a standalone desktop version with its own console - https://www.getpostman.com/